A description of the processing of personal data in the Partnership Platform collaboration platform for immigrant integration and the reception of refugees.
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
(Business ID: 2160307-0)
P.O. Box, 00023 Government
Phone +358 29 516001,
email [email protected], [email protected]
Contact information of the Data Protection Officer: [email protected]
The users logged in to the Partnership Platform are entered in the Partnership Platform register.
Purpose of and legal bases for processing personal data
The registration information of the users of the collaborative Partnership Platform for immigrant information and the reception of refugees is required for the management of customer relationships related to the platform. The user creates a user ID to log into the online service or signs in with an existing social media ID. For example, a user who has registered in the online service can create a workspace, discuss topics and use the contact person search.
Personal data is processed with the consent of the controller’s data subject to comply with the controller’s statutory obligations and/or to exercise the official authority vested in the controller with the purpose of carrying out Partnership Platform communication, marketing, contacts, reporting and other types of communication, among other things.
Personal data will only be used for pre-defined purposes such as:
- Announcing and informing users of Partnership Platform updates
- Targeting the materials, survey and feedback concerning the Partnership Platform
- Organising and marketing events related to the Partnership platform
- Meeting the accounting obligations of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment as well as EU obligations
Data to be stored in the register
The Partnership Platform register contains information on private persons:
- first and last name
- contact details
- organisation’s name and contact information
The required information related to the Partnership Platform, such as:
- target group of the activities
- theme of the activities
As a rule, the information is collected through the Partnership Platform registration form.
Rights of data subjects
The person included in the register has the right to:
- request the controller for access to their personal data – in other words, to verify the data concerning themselves.
- demand that incorrect data on them be corrected. In such a case, the request must specify what information is incorrect, and why and how it should be changed. The controller must rectify the mistake without undue delay. The request must restrict processing. If the data subject has reported that their data is incorrect, they have the right to request the restriction of the processing of the data until its accuracy has been confirmed.
- withdraw their consent. When the processing of personal data is based on consent, the data subject has the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time. After that the personal data will not be processed unless there is some other legal basis for doing so.
- request the erasure of data. The data subject has the right to have his or her personal data erased. This right does not apply to the personal data that the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment needs in order to perform its statutory responsibilities.
- lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority on the processing of personal data if he or she considers that the data has not been processed appropriately. The Data Protection Ombudsman’s contact details can be found at the Data Protection Ombudsman website at www.tietosuoja.fi
Regular disclosure of data
The names and contact information of persons registered with the Partnership Platform will not be disclosed outside the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment without the consent of the registered person unless the Ministry has an obligation to disclose the data on the basis of a provision that is binding to the Ministry. As an exception to this, the name and contact information of persons enrolled in the Partnership Platform can be disclosed to the partnership programme contact persons of the Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY Centres). The data will be disclosed only for Partnership Platform communication.
Other disclosures of data will be based on the Act on the Openness of Government Activities, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable legislation (such as the Act on Discretionary Government Transfers), and the decisions on such disclosures are made, and the disclosures are carried out by the unit responsible for the Partnership programme.
However, those registered with the Partnership Platform should note that all data submitted to the Service can be found in the platform’s contact person search.
The stored data is protected by technical means. Personal data is stored for as long as necessary for the purpose of enabling the person to sign up as a contact person and the communication related to it, as well as to ensure compliance with legislation that is binding to the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
The data will also be erased from the register is the person deletes their data from the Partnership Platform. The controller reserves the right to store in separate statistics the number of persons registered with the Partnership Platform.
Recipients or groups of recipients of personal data
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment as the controller is responsible for the personal data in the register. If necessary, personal data can be processed, as third parties, by the persons responsible for the maintenance of the registration and newsletter applications. Agreements have been signed with third parties regarding the processing of personal data. The data in the Partnership Platform is processed by the persons responsible for updating the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment partnership programme and kumppanuusalusta.kotoutuminen.fi online service.
Transfer of data outside the EU
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU or the EEA.